Open Funding Opportunities
MEPI currently is accepting applications for the following funding opportunities:
Local Funding Opportunity - Annual Program Statement
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
The Office of Assistance Coordination’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Program seeks single-country proposals for its Local Grants Program. The Local Grants Program serves as MEPI’s most direct means of supporting organizations and individuals in the Middle East and North Africa. These grants are designed to:
• Strengthen civil society;
• Support constructive advocacy and civic activism;
• Support citizens’ efforts to contribute to positive economic, social, and political empowerment;
• Expand opportunities for women and youth;
• Strengthen the rule of law;
• Develop independent media in service to communities; and,
• Help communities work alongside governments in shaping their own futures.
MEPI’s regional offices, located in the Middle East and North Africa, manage the program.
Local grant projects usually range from $50,000 to $150,000 each, are intended to support quick impact activities, and are generally completed in one year. Applications must be submitted in English. For more information on how to apply, please go to http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=280100
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions regarding current open funding opportunities are available in this PDF document.