The MEPI Alumni Connection supports community leaders from across the Middle East and North Africa to strengthen their networks, collaborate on leadership initiatives, and develop their skills in order to contribute to their communities. Through activities such as organizing networking and collaborative events, implementing community initiatives, and connecting with mentors and like-minded professionals, alumni of US-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) programs deepen their ability to create bridges between communities and contribute to a more viable future.
- Create a lasting network of innovative alumni leaders, across sectors and MEPI-funded programs, who inspire and facilitate collaborative civic engagement and entrepreneurship.
- Build on MEPI’s investments to support this network of alumni who have the knowledge, skills, and connections to engage productively with each other and with public and private sectors.
- Support alumni leaders in developing entrepreneurial skills to advance social and economic development goals in their local, national, and regional communities.
- Alumni Needs Assessments identify alumni interests based on geographic location, sector, and professional experience in order to inform opportunities for alumni.
- The Alumni Venture Fund supports alumni in creating lasting solutions to economic or local community needs, developing new partnerships, and fostering sustainable collaboration.
- Mentorships provide alumni with individualized leadership development and guidance on their social or private enterprise projects.
- Professional development opportunities tap into the expertise of the alumni network and respond to the unique needs of alumni in different regions and stages of their careers.
- Annual regional Alumni Summits provide participants with an opportunity to network with each other and external stakeholders, share and learn from their work, and devise areas of future collaboration.
- Alumni-led Communities of Practice groups serve as spaces for alumni to collaborate, bring in experts for discussions, and hone their skills in an area that contributes to social and private entrepreneurship.
- The MEPI Day of Service builds team spirit, connects stakeholders with MEPI alumni, and fosters community support.
If you have any questions about the MEPI Alumni Connection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org