Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program
Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL) supports academically qualified, financially disadvantaged high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa by providing a four-year academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development through American accredited institutions in the region.
The program covers university tuition and fees, a study abroad experience in the U.S., insurance, housing, and monthly allowance. Students requiring English preparatory work may be enrolled in one to two semesters of college preparatory English classes before entering degree programs.
In addition to receiving undergraduate education, students will benefit from mentoring, career development, internship, and micro-grant opportunities with local civil society, business, and non-governmental organizations and networks. Facilitated by each host institution, students participate in initiatives throughout their academic program that go beyond the traditional classroom to foster leadership development and encourage civic engagement.
Who is Eligible?
This program is open to high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa, who are qualified but unable to afford a college education. Students enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program. For the Fall 2020 enrollment class, applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria (only Syrians residing outside of Syria), and Yemen, and cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2019;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English Language training;
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2020.
Interested candidates can access the online application through Tomorrow’s Leaders website at www.amideast.org/tl.
Please note that Tomorrow’s Leaders application window for Yemen will close on November 15, 2019 and for all other participant countries, the application will close on December 2, 2019.