Gender inclusion in higher-education is critical for cultural transformation that guarantees both men and women equal economic opportunities and equal roles in political processes. Therefore, Tomorrow’s Leaders Gender Scholar Program (TLS) is designed to advance the goals of the Women, Peace, and Security Act of 2017, by increasing women’s knowledge and opportunities to participate in negotiation and mediation processes that contribute to preventing, mitigating, and resolving conflicts. It also contributes to the goals of the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative passed in 2019 to advance global women’s economic empowerment.
TLS supports currently enrolled undergraduate level students to advance and deepen their awareness of gender equality’s challenges and solutions. This pilot opportunity provides students who are enrolled full-time (12 credits minimum) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) and Lebanese American University in Lebanon (LAU) with full tuition per semester (for up to two semesters). Eligible students include men and women whose mothers are Lebanese, demonstrate financial needs, and represent Lebanon’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity.
The program covers the following:
- Full tuition coverage for up to two semesters;
- Mentorship on gender research and paper writing;
- Academic Advising and mentoring services;
- Opportunities to attend TL-sponsored workshops, seminars, round-tables, and forum discussions.
- Eligibility to enroll in the TL Pipeline program
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a student of an Egyptian or Lebanese mother, currently enrolled at AUB, AUC, or LAU;
- Be eligible to receive Financial Aid from AUB, AUC, or LAU;
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0;
- Be willing to successfully matriculate in gender/women’s studies course per semester;
- Have a minimum of two remaining semesters to graduate (at least 24 credits remaining);
Recruitment is now closed.