The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) program seeks nominations for potential participants in the MEPI Student Leaders Program scheduled to take place in summer 2018. The program will last from June 25 – August 4, 2018.
The Student Leaders program is an intensive 5-week training program in four U.S.-based universities for about 60 undergraduate and graduate students (age 20-24) from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Students learn about leadership, civil society, and government processes and how they may apply these skills in their home countries. The program also offers outstanding undergraduate and graduate students from across the MENA region an intensive leadership training course. Students attend U.S. academic institutions where they develop leadership skills and expand their understanding of civil society and participatory governance and how both may be applied in their home communities.
Students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Algeria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, and West Bank and Gaza.
For eligibility criteria and how to apply, please visit: https://mepi.state.gov/education/student-leaders-program/
- The recruitment process for the 2018 program is now open.
- The program will take place June 25 – August 4, 2018.
- Applications should be submitted through the online platform https://studentleaders.fluidreview.com/.
- For all countries except Morocco and the West Bank and Gaza, applications for 2018 will be accepted from October 23, 2017 through December 14, 2017.
- For Morocco and the West Bank and Gaza, applications are due December 1, 2017
For questions on applying, please contact your U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
- West Bank and Gaza: