The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative’s social media sites are produced and maintained by MEPI staff. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative:
- Views expressed in audio and video content on The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative social media sites (for example, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr) are not necessarily representative of the United States Government views or policy.
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Does not guarantee that external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Social Networking Policy:
We expect that participants will treat each other with respect. We will delete posted comments that contain vulgar or abusive language; pornography; personal attacks of any kind; offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups or incite violence. We will delete comments that are spam, are clearly “off topic” or that promote services or products. Comments that make unsupported accusations will be taken out of the discussion.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- The discussion forum is not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative’s social media sites are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- This social networking use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
User Generated Content (UGC):
Users are here notified that they are fully responsible for the content they load on any of The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative’s social media sites. The user is responsible for all copyright and intellectual property laws associated with this content.
Competitions/Promotions on Facebook:
- Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Disclosure that the participant is providing information to The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative and not to Facebook.
The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative is not responsible for the security of the The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative’s social media sites.
Information Quality Guidelines:
Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors.
Users of the The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative’s social media sites will be disclosing information in their profiles that may be considered privacy information. This information will not be collected or used by The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative except for statistical analysis of the site.
The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative does not have access to information not expressly shared by the user.
Please ensure you read Facebook’s Privacy Statement for additional information on what information is collected and used by the Facebook platform https://www.facebook.com/terms.php#/policy.php
Links to Other Sites:
U.S. Department of State Facebook Terms of Service
1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Purpose The purpose of The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative Facebook pages is to provide a forum for discussion and to keep MEPI alumni and fans informed about the latest news, events, and grants. .
3. Description of service The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative operates on the Facebook platform. It provides its members with a variety of features, including but not limited to: video and photo sharing, access to a community blog, discussion forum, messaging, chat, and notifications of developments in The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative. The U.S. Department of State reserves the right to alter the types of features that the The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative provides at any time with no notice to network members. Users must adhere to Facebook’s TOU.
The Information Facebook Collects
When you visit Facebook you provide them with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by Facebook and Web Site use information collected by Facebook as you interact with our Web Site.
When you register with Facebook, you provide them with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, schools attended and any other personal or preference information that you provide to them. The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative does not store any of this personal information nor any additional member information beyond that which is already stored for your account by Facebook.
You post User Content (as defined in Facebook’s Terms) on the Site at your own risk. Although Facebook allows you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Participation in The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative is voluntary. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login. You agree to (a) immediately notify The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative community manager of any unauthorized use of your login or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The U.S. Department of State cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
6. Member conduct
You understand that all information, data, messages or other materials (content), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not the U.S. Department of State, are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the site. The U.S. Department of State does not control the Content posted except as described below and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the U.S. Department of State be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site.
You agree to not use the site to:
– post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
– harm minors in any way;
– impersonate any person or entity;
– forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the site;
– post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
– post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (‘Rights’) of any party;
– post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters,pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
– post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
– disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other user’s ability to engage in exchanges;
– interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
– intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
– stalk or otherwise harass another; or
– collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that the U.S. Department of State does not pre-screen all Content, but that the U.S. Department of State and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to edit, delete, refuse or move any Content that is available via the site. Without limiting the foregoing, the U.S. Department of State and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOU or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You acknowledge and agree that the U.S. Department of State may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the U.S. Department of State, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the site, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You agree that if you post content that contains statements or depictions of violence against a person, group of people, or country, that the Department of State will report this incident and its content to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
7. Special admonitions for international use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
8. Content submitted or made available for inclusion on the site
The U.S. Department of State does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the site. The Department only claims ownership over self generated content created by the Department of State for inclusion on this site. It does not take responsibility for the inclusion of third party links or other third party content such as articles.
You agree to indemnify and hold the U.S. Department of State, and its affiliates, officers, agents, grantees or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the site, your use of the site, your connection to the site, your violation of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another.
10. No resale of service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the site, use of the site, or access to the site.
11. General practices regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that the U.S. Department of State may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the site, including without limitation the maximum number of days that message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the site, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the site in a given period of time. You agree that the U.S. Department of State has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the site. You further acknowledge that the U.S. Department of State reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion.
12. Modifications to service
The U.S. Department of State reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the site (or any part thereof). You agree that the U.S. Department of State shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the site.
You agree that the U.S. Department of State, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to the site, and remove and discard any Content within the site, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if the U.S. Department of State believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU. The U.S. Department of State may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the site, or any part thereof. You agree that any termination of your access to the site under any provision of this TOU may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that the U.S. Department of State may immediately suspend your access to the site. Further, you agree that the U.S. Department of State shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the site.
15. English Language
In order to assure that members adhere to the TOU, the language of the US The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative site is English, French and Arabic. Content posted in any other language may be subject to removal. An accurate translation into one of these languages must be provided if a member chooses to post content in other languages.
Contacting the Web Site