Unleash Tunisia was a one-year advocacy project promoting entrepreneurship, business skills and a “startup mentality” all around Tunisia. MEPI partnered with a nascent organization “Young Leaders Entrepreneurs” to realize the following outcomes :
- During 5 tours, trained 150 participants with diverse backgrounds and gender.
- Created 40+ partnerships with local NGOs, universities, accelerators and coworking spaces.
The peer to peer phase of the project led to training 163 other beneficiaries by tour participants (TOT).
- 16 participants managed to finalize their business plans with professional and high-caliber coaches.
- More than 600 people attended our 5 regional job fairs which helped link job seekers and en-trepreneurs with 40 businessmen and funding institutions.
- More than 20 job seekers landed jobs due to the job fairs .
- 4 participants secured funding from investors and others launched non-profit organizations.
- 600 participants registered for the online open course: “Unleash MOOC”.
MEPI is proud to announce that this partnership led Young Leaders Entrepreneurs to be select-ed for The Intercultural Innovation Award which is a partnership between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the BMW Group that supports the most innovative grassroots projects that encourage intercultural dialogue and cooperation around the world. Young Leaders Entrepreneurs were one of 10 projects selected across the globe to receive recognition and showcase their impact during a ceremony in New York in the end of November 2017.